Ecotopia is an innovative initiative dedicated to enhancing youth engagement in environmental sustainability and advocacy. It focuses on educating and empowering young people about global ecological challenges. The project fosters understanding of environmental issues, emphasizing the importance of sustainability. It aims to equip future leaders with the knowledge and tools necessary for effective action, nurturing a generation that is well-informed and proactive in addressing environmental concerns, and promoting a culture of responsible and sustainable living.
Active and involved before, during and after the project:
- Before: follow-up of your emails/Whatsapp regarding the practical organization and presence during an online pre-departure meeting with the group.
- During: 100% active presence during the project together with your group (you travel together to the project and return back to Belgium as a group).
- After: follow-up of your emails/Whatsapp regarding the further practical/ financial handling and dissemination of the project. Also being present during a fun reunion day in Belgium with other participants.
Stay in contact
When you are selected, we will be in contact with each other via email and Whatsapp. You will receive all the necessary information via e-mail. Whatsapp will be used for sending reminders, sharing photos and information about the project.
There is no participation fee.
Erasmus+ provides a maximum budget for transport with tram/bus/train (green travel) of 320 euros. If your transport to and from the training stays within this budget, you pay nothing. If you go over the budget, you pay the difference. Reimbursement is only possible when we are in possession of your personal details and all original tickets/boarding passes as proof of transport costs incurred.
During the project date, Food and accommodation are included. We are not able to reimburse any costs that happen outside of the project date.
We expect you to draw up your own itinerary and travel plan. JOETZ supports you in this where necessary. You pay the transport costs in advance. Reimbursement takes place approximately three months after the end of the project (see above).
- View the information on this web page and in the info pack (download infopack).
- Fill in the online form at the bottom of this webpage. Please read the questions carefully and take the time to answer them in English as completely as possible. If you want, we can support (please let us know by email but bare in mind there is a deadline to apply, so please contact us max. 2 days before the deadline).
- You will receive confirmation immediately after sending your application.
- Regardless if you are selected or not, a few days after the application deadline we will contact you. This decision is made together with the organizing European partner on the basis of your written motivation and your involvement in youth work.
Only Belgians can apply through Joetz.