This study visit will take place in Kristansand. This municipality in Norway will convene the fifth European Conference on Democracy and Human Rights on 6 May 2024. The conference is the main event of Kristiansand’s Democracy Week. For seven days, various venues and cultural institutions all over Kristiansand host panel discussions, presentations and exhibitions.
Participants of this project will visit some of the events of the democracy week, municipalities, NGO-s and work on the workshops related the topic. The main aim of the study visit is to create a space for youth workers where they can share, learn, reflect, develop skills, empower, build stronger partnership, plan future project, be an inspiration for more democracy and well-being in our local, national and international communities.
Active and involved before, during and after the project:
- Before: follow-up of your emails/Whatsapp regarding the practical organization and presence during an online pre-departure meeting if necessary with the group (date tbd based on the possibility of participants).
- During: 100% active presence during the project
- After: follow-up of your emails/Whatsapp regarding the further practical/ financial handling and dissemination of the project.
- Be present at the next Joetz international catch up gathering following upon your project's participation.
Stay in contact
When you are selected, we will be in contact with each other via email and Whatsapp. You receive all the necessary information via e-mail. Whatsapp will be used for sending reminders, sharing photos and information about e.g. an Instagram take over. If quick answers are needed or last minute information need to be distributed, we also use Whatsapp.
There is no participation fee.
Erasmus+ provides a fixed budget for transport with tram, bus, train and plane of maximum 275 euros. If your transport to and from the project stays within this budget, you pay nothing. If you go over the budget you will have to pay for the difference. Reimbursement is only possible when:
- we are in possession of your personal details and all copies of tickets/boarding passes as proof of transport costs incurred;
- you have shared your follow-up activities digitally with us 6 weeks after the end of the project;
- you have completed the online survey of Erasmus+ which will be sent to your email after the project.
Food and accommodation are included only during the announced project dates. Overnight stays outside this period is at your own costs.
We expect you to draw up your own itinerary and travel plan. JOETZ supports you in this where necessary. You pay the transport costs in advance. Reimbursement takes place approximately three months after the end of the project (see above). Deadline for buying and showing your tickets is 13/02/2024.
- View the information on this web page and in the info pack: download infopack.
- Complete the offocial application form via this link. NO NEED TO ALSO COMPLETE the online form at the bottom of this webpage. Please read the questions carefully and take the time to answer them in English as completely as possible. If you want, we can support with this, please let us know by email. Bare in mind there is a deadline to apply, so please contact us at least 2 days before the deadline.
We advice you to first write your answers in a document and save it. It’s a better way to think about your answers.
3. A confirmation will be given on site immediately after sending your application.
4. A few days after the deadline you will be contacted by JOETZ with the message whether or not you can participate. This decision is made together with the organizing European partner on the basis of your written motivation. From then on you can search for tickets (deadline for buying and showing your purchased tickets is 13/02/2024).
!! NO NEED TO ALSO COMPLETE the online form at the bottom of this webpage. Application here!!