Would you like to volunteer abroad for a longer period of time and this almost free of charge? This can be done through the European Solidarity Corps (ESC).
Follow an online infosession and learn all about:
- what ESC and JOETZ have to offer you
- what ESC and JOETZ expect from you
- how to find a volunteer project abroad
- how to apply in a best way
As a young person (18-30), you can spread your wings during an ESC project. You will work as a volunteer in an organization abroad to contribute to society. Your range of tasks can be very diverse, just like the host organizations you can end up with. JOETZ becomes your sending organization and provides guidance and support from your search for a project up to and including your return.
JOETZ can only support young people who live in Belgium. If you live in the Netherlands, we advise you to contact our partner Eastpackers.
Participation in the European Solidarity Corps means:
Who, what, where, when?
- full-time volunteer work (5 days a week, 30-38 hours)
- at various social organizations, including schools, nurseries, orphanages, nature conservation organizations, human rights organizations, theater companies, health institutions, etc.
- in Europe or the European neighboring regions
- 18-30 years
- from 2 months to 1 year
- lump sum for round trip
- accommodation arragend and paid for
- meals provided or you get a budget for it
- pocket money
- additional insurance
- language lessons, physical or online
- trainings before and during your project
- follow-up of your learning experience by a mentor
- Youth Pass (added value to your resume)
- networking: intercultural contacts with youth workers, professionals, volunteers, young people, organisations, ...
- 100% cultural immersion of your host country (language, food, customs, ...)
- live abroad independently
- time and space for self-reflection and personal development
Want to know more?
Register for an online infosession.